Follow the links below to find out more about the history of the Flax Mill Maltings and some of the organisations that have supported and inspired us:
Flax Mill Maltings and related history
- Discovering Shropshire - more detailed information on the heritage of the site and the processes undertaken here.
- Revolutionary Players - focuses on the history of the Industrial Revolution in the West Midlands in Britain between the years 1700 and 1830.
- Shropshire Archives - much of the source material relating to the mill is held here.
- Temple Works - a former flax mill in Holbeck, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England also built by John Marshall.
- Shrewsbury and Newport Canals Trust - an important factor in the location and early workings of the Flaxmill.
Partners, Funders and Support Organisations
Museums, Art Galleries and Cultural Venues